This plant-derived compound is just one of many that have been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
It can be rotated with Resveratrol in order to provide the body with new tools to work with regularly.
- Active Clinical Trials
The ability of the body to absorb Curcumin (aka bioavailability) is relatively low; so, here’s a brand with proven higher absorption rates as recommended by Dr. Heather Wright, ND, FABNO:
None currently available
Title: Therapeutic Potential of Curcumin in the Treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme
Summary: A 2019 study that reviewed the current studies and trials involving curcumin and brain cancer to date.
- Curcumin has synergistic effects with chemotherapy and radiation
- No noticeable toxicity in animal studies
- Tumor size has decreased with curcumin use in animal models
- It can cross the blood-brain barrier
- More studies are warranted
Title: Curcumin and Cancer Cells: How Many Ways Can Curry Kill Tumor Cells Selectively?
Summary: This paper categorizes the myriad ways Curcumin leads to the death of cancer cells, of which there are many.
- In laboratory studies, curcumin has been shown to lead to the death of cancer cells in more than 10 ways
Title: Therapeutic Roles of Curcumin: Lessons Learned from Clinical Trials
Summary: In 2013, scientists looked at the clinical trials of Curcumin spanning all types of disease and concluded it has efficacy against a number of diseases, including cancer, and warrants further study.
- Curcumin shows efficacy against a number of cancers
- “It may seem that curcumin’s clinical efficacy is too good to be true.”